Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a weird feeling of a lump in my throat and kind of difficulty breathing/swallowing and supposedly my thyroid is fine, so my doc prescribed me Zantac, thinking it might be erosions in my esophagus.<br><br>
Now I had DH fill the script yesterday and it says "do not use while bfing."<br><br>
I checked the info on the sheet and it says it is excreted in BM.<br><br>
Anybody have more info on this? Thought I'd check here before calling the pharmacist or my doc.<br><br>
I don't really wan tto take anything while BFing, but I really do need to take this! I am sick of the feeling of an obstruction in my throat!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Or called Ranidadine (pharmaceutical name for it) is used in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit as a means to treat prem babies with regurg problems and acid reflux problems.<br><br>
I currently have a 33 weeker in the NICU who happens to be on 3 mg twice a day in the NICU (the Zantac) for his regurg\acid reflux problems that will be a take home script.<br><br>
I would suggest talking to your kidlet's Ped about it but I assume (as I am not a doctor\nurse) that if they give it to prems in a NICU to battle the same problem that it is safe to BF while taking this medication.<br><br>
Sheal

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sheal.<br><br>
We are between peds right now b/c of health insurance changes so I was trying to avoid that route cause they'll probably wan tme to make an appt. before they will talk to me. But I will call the (hopefully) new ped and see.<br><br>
dsor ry, baby is tapping keyboard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts